Before you start
- Check the vehicle especially tyres.
- Check the area around the vehicle before entering into it.
- Adjust seat and steering wheel angle, inside and outside rear view mirrors
- Lock all doors and fasten seat belts.
- Ensure that even the others in the vehicle have fastened their seat belts, even if they are in the rear seat.
- Make sure you have all the valid documents – Driving Licence and Mulkhiya.
While you drive
- Be alert for any unusual sounds
- Keep a watch on the Gauges and warning indicators
- Stop at a safe place if you observe anything unusual with your vehicle or if any of the warning indicators glows.
- Do not stop your vehicle in the active lanes of the road.
- If your vehicle stalls, turn on your hazard lights.
- Look-out for road signs and respect the speed limits.
- Avoid using your mobile phone while driving.
- Be alert while driving in rain, slippery roads etc
- Be cautious about pedestrians and allow them to pass.
- Do not use or allow anyone to use counterfeit parts in your vehicle.
- Drive slowly over curbs, bumps or other sharp-edged objects. Failure to do so could lead to severe tyre damage / tyre burst etc.
- After washing or while driving through water, brakes may get wet and malfunction. Always drive the vehicle cautiously in such conditions.
- To drive down long or steep hill, reduce speed and shift down. If you use only the brakes, they can over-heat and fail.
- DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE
Going on a long drive...
Spend a few minutes to check your vehicle before any long drive and ensure a safe and pleasant drive. All you need is a basic knowledge of your vehicle and a careful eye.
- Check tyres for proper pressure and damages
- Make sure the wheel nuts are not loose or missing
- Make sure all your lights – headlights, stop lights, tail lights, turn indicators and warning lights are working.
- Check spare tyre pressure, jacks and tools.
- Check your brakes by applying the brake pedal.
- Check for spare spare fuses in the relay / fuse block.
- Check and keep correct coolant level.
- Check battery condition and cables. Make sure a First-Aid Box and Fire extinguishers are at hand